Are you satisfied with how your classic Corvette feels in a tight corner? Does it seem kind of loose and drifty? Shark Bite rear coil over kits will make your C2 or C3 substantially more responsive. It will go where you point it! Check out our options to update old technology to modern specs, and get a great look to boot! Here are some important features:
- Shark Bite Rear Coil Over Suspension offers truly independent suspension - no more bouncy communication from left to right from the monoleaf spring.
- Shark Bite kits offer adjustable ride height in minutes while on the vehicle.
- Variety of spring rates available.
- With Shark Bite kits you can change your springs in less than 20 minutes - easy access and quick release pins allow for instant spring changes for on the road or on the track.
- Lighter weight - Shark Bite kits weigh less than the factory spring.
- Shark Bite kits load the same location on the vehicle as the factory spring loads.
- The rocker arm design is inspired and proven by the racing industry.
- Shark Bite kits are a Bolt-On installation -absolutely no welding, cutting or
drilling. Installs with basic hand tools in approximately 3 hours.
- Shark Bite kits offer adjustable shock valving so you can tune the ride to exactly the way you like it.
- Works with factory exhaust and with factory spare tire.
- Highly visible - great presentation!
- Shark Bite kits are a complete package: They provide performance and they just look awesome!
Kits are now available! Please click the "Enter Store" button below for pricing information.
Many improvements are possible on GM's original suspension design for the C2 and C3 Corvette. SpeedDirect has undertaken a pioneer effort to re-engineer a basic rear suspension element on this great car. In taking cues from the racing segment, we have developed a coil over solution that replaces the original transverse leaf spring. Our design incorporates a rocker arm coupled to the existing trailing arm through spherical joints. The rocker arm incorporates an advanced composite Teflon bearing that is extremely rugged requiring no lubrication over its lifetime.
On the other end of the rocker is a coil-over shock assembly in which the owner can adjust both shock valving and ride height. This allows maximum flexibility in custom settings to tune the handling balance to the driver's preference.
This great new product provides a significant improvement over the stock leaf spring and gives the adjustability that you are looking for. With the Shark Bite rear coil over suspension kit, the rear suspension is truly independent - no more bouncy communication between the left and right side of the car, and you will have much more adjustability. In addition, this product is completely bolt on! We know Corvette owners want to keep the option to return to stock, yet be able to take advantage of new technology and concepts. Kits work with many aftermarket components like offset trailing arms (also available through SpeedDirect). (PLEASE NOTE that if you plan to use single offset trailing arms with our rear coil over kit, there is a bracket that needs to be welded onto the offset trailing arm to provide a mounting location for the rear coil overs. This bracket is included with the kit. Shark Bite kits will NOT work with double offset trailing arms.)
There are many spring and shock options available. Not sure what kit is right for you? Learn more about shock valving and spring rates here.
Check out our new front coil over kit, aluminum upper control arms and Steeroids rack and pinion kits here! Or, check out our full line of complete suspension stage kits to completely outfit your Corvette!
Looking for more handling information? Click here: Suspension Tech Articles
To read an installation article for the rear coil over kits that was written in Corvette Enthusiast magazine Click Here - HOWEVER, the link may get changed. If so, to view the article, after you click the link go to the Seach button and search for "Shark Bite" and be sure the check the "Search Entire Collection" box and the article will come up under January 2010 Page 86. You may need to register, but then you will have access to the entire magazine as well as all issues (future and archived issues) at absolutely no charge! Actually you will have access to all 7 of the Amos Automotive magazines including thier newest addition - Chevy Enthusiast.
The video below shows some of the road testing we have done with the production kit. The file may take a few minutes to download, but it is worth the wait!